Sunday, September 22, 2013

After All, Number One, We're Only Mortal

I posted this on Facebook a few days ago, but I figured I should post it here as well.

So, I guess it's time to go loud with this. My dad has been suffering from brain cancer for almost two years, but it seems like the cancer is going to win. It's glioblastoma, a particularly vicious cancer, but we thought dad had a better chance because we caught it very early. However, despite surgery, chemo, radiation, clinical trials, and even homeopathic remedies, the cancer still won.

I wanted to share this publicly because I know that I've been acting different lately, and people have begun to notice. Dad wanted to keep this quiet because that's the kind of guy he is. But I think at this point, it's worth letting everyone know.

Before anyone asks, I can say there's not much that anyone can do to help out. If you're near my folks, I'm sure they'd appreciate a visit. Other than that, please keep dad in your thoughts and (if you're religious) prayers.

Thank you to everyone who has been helping us out already; the level of support we've received has been wonderful.

Dad's been an incredible father to us all; we love you and will miss you, old man.

Post title is one of dad's favorite quotes from Star Trek. 

No comments:

All rights reserved. Take that!