Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Gamestop's In-Store Return Policy

Make sure to save your receipt from Gamestop! I bought an XBox 360 Black Wireless controller from them recently, and it was defective. I threw out the receipt (very uncharacteristic of me, but I figured I could exchange it if it was defective), but apparently you need a receipt even for an exchange, these days. When I got home, I attempted to find their in-store return policy online without success. I finally found an old receipt (for Halo 3 actually), so I've copied the policy below for your benefit. Note: Best Buy and Circuit City also require receipts for all returns/exchanges these days.

"Receipt required for returns/exchanges. Unopened new items can be returned/exchanged w/in 30 days. Opened new video games, new PC games & new systems can be exchanged for the identical item w/in 7 days. Opened accessories & all used items can be returned/exchanged w/in 7 days."

2 comments:

felisanator said...

Thanks for posting this -- i, too, was looking online for the official policy.

Our dilemma is a bit different, however. we received LOTS of guitar hero stuff for Christmas and want to take it back to get the RB2 and GHWT complete band kits.

Hopefully they'll take them back and let us buy the "upgrade".

Unknown said...

Good luck! They may have changed the policy, but I bet it's written on the gift receipts (which I hope your gift-givers gave you).

One other thing I forgot to mention; they can look up your purchase on the computer if you bought with a credit card within the past few days. It has to be the store you bought the games at.

All rights reserved. Take that!