Thursday, August 9, 2007

Halo 3 Is Driving Me Insane

Here is a brief history of me and Halo:
  • Halo 1 is released for the XBox. At the time, I thought the XBox was a piece of crap and loved the GameCube.
  • I play Halo 1 for the first time. I tell everyone who will listen that the game is way overrated and a piece of crap, citing the lack on online MP (no XBL at the time) and repetitive level design.
  • I win an XBox in a raffle.
  • I go and buy Halo 1 and a second controller, because, hey, everyone's doing it, and I play it a lot.
  • My fraternity hosts regular 16-player 4-TV Halo fests. I participate (in the words of Boon from Animal House: "It's a fraternity party. I'm in the fraternity. I have to go.") but tell everyone how bad the game is.
  • In one game, I have no fewer than four successful flag captures in the Warthog, at least one from each spot. I realize that the beauty of Halo lies in one place: the Warthog.
  • I play lots of Halo 1, still telling people it sucks.
  • I camp out for Halo 2 on November 9th, 2004, then stay up all night playing.
  • I beat Halo 2 on Heroic on November 21st.
  • I buy XBL on November 22nd because I can't stand missing Halo 2 MP.
  • I proceed to play almost 1200 games of Halo 2 online.
  • The Halo 3 ARG, Iris, slowly drives me insane.
As hard as I try to not be a goofy fanboy, I can't; I'm making plans to camp out for Halo 3, I'm reading everything I can about it, and I'm generally pumped as all hell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a pretty good story! I'm glad you finally found out how amazing the Halo series really is!

-Ray

Unknown said...

Glad you enjoyed the brief story, Ray!

All rights reserved. Take that!