Sunday, May 4, 2008

Movie Review: Iron Man

Holy carp, this is like the best movie I've seen in years. I can't even describe how awesome it was. I saw it on Friday night and it still fills my idle thoughts. Awesome. Just go see it.

A few things that I really liked about it:

  • They managed to avoid tedious explanation bits that often drag down a movie without confusing the viewers.
  • The whole deal with the bad guys is never laid out directly in a "Haha, I'm the evil bad guy and here's my plan! Now you die Iron Man!" It's inferred!
  • OK the graphics are fucking awesome. You can't ignore this; graphics don't make a movie, but they can make it excel.
  • Tony Stark is a dynamic character; he actually changes. When was the last time that happened in a superhero movie?

If I had to say something I didn't like, it was the Burger King product placement. It was tasteful, but I just disagree with it's placement. 

But seriously, go see it now.

No comments:

All rights reserved. Take that!