Thursday, September 18, 2008

What's the Big Idea, Fox?

I've been thinking about databases a lot lately. It's been sort of related to work and sort of general, but whatever the cause, databases have been in my mind lately. Then, as my mind often does, I started a thought tangent, where my thoughts quickly bounce from topic to topic, and I ended up on Star Fox.

And then from Star Fox, I went to Falco. And from Falco, I remembered this quote:

"You worry about your own hide!"

And it was that moment that I decided my next database would be named "Falco".

I've mentioned before about how I think that databases should be responsible for their own data integrity and not rely on application code (or developers) to maintain it. Somehow, Falco's philosophy just fits that perfectly.

No comments:

All rights reserved. Take that!