Thursday, September 18, 2008

What's the Big Idea, Fox?

I've been thinking about databases a lot lately. It's been sort of related to work and sort of general, but whatever the cause, databases have been in my mind lately. Then, as my mind often does, I started a thought tangent, where my thoughts quickly bounce from topic to topic, and I ended up on Star Fox.

And then from Star Fox, I went to Falco. And from Falco, I remembered this quote:

"You worry about your own hide!"

And it was that moment that I decided my next database would be named "Falco".

I've mentioned before about how I think that databases should be responsible for their own data integrity and not rely on application code (or developers) to maintain it. Somehow, Falco's philosophy just fits that perfectly.
Post a Comment
All rights reserved. Take that!