Thursday, February 22, 2007

Day 4: Getting to the Good Stuff

Today was the first time I did programming work, and it felt good. However, I didn't write any actually code for my website; rather, I spent about 25 minutes setting up my development environment. I was going to do some more, but I had a few questions about RoR and which database server I should use (I'd love to use Kirbybase, but I'm not sure if that's where I should start) but Eric wasn't online, so I stopped there.

However, I had done some work earlier, so I was already over my goal. I decided to write a VBA app in Excel to manage my fantasy baseball draft cheat sheet (I won't go into details here, but it's a basic app). I spent about 45 minutes on that (much of it was spent cursing at VBA because it's not VB.NET), but I got some good work on it.

Date: 2/22/07
Status: Success
Project 1: Website (dev environment setup)
Time: ~25 minutes
Project 2: Fantasy baseball app
Time: ~45 minuts

No comments:

All rights reserved. Take that!